When to go...
- When you need to be seen urgently by a doctor, but are unable to get an appointment with your physician.
- When you can’t see your primary care physician because it is after business hours or it is a holiday.
- When you don’t have a primary care physician.
The Difference Between Emergency Services and Urgent Care
In general, an emergency is a sudden, serious and unexpected illness, injury or condition which may result in permanent injury or loss of life if not treated immediately. If you are suffering from an emergent condition, please proceed to your nearest ER.
Urgent care services are required for an unexpected injury or acute illness which requires prompt medical attention to avoid complications and unnecessary suffering or pain, and will not result in permanent injury or loss of life.
Examples of Urgent Care Situations
- Abdominal Pain
- Asthma Attack
- Bloody Nose
- Broken Bone
- Colds and Flu
- Cuts and Lacerations
- Ear Ache
- Insect/Animal Bites and Stings
- Minor Burns
- Sore Throat
- Sprains and Strains
- Sports Injuries
- Urinary Infection
- Work Injury
We Know You Have A Choice…
Palomar Health Medical Group is proud and honored to provide the personalized health care that your family and your neighbors have come to trust.
- No Appointment Necessary
- Convenient Hours
- Free, Convenient Parking
- Doctor and Nurse on Duty at All Times
- On-site laboratory services
- On-site radiology services
A Variety of Insurances Accepted: Our Urgent Care accepts most insurance (e.g., HMOs, PPOs, EPOs, Medicare, Tricare, Workers' compensation plans). To find out if your specific plan is covered, view our comprehensive list of insurances accepted. Your health plan's member services department is able to confirm if your plan covers your care at Palomar Health Partners.
Urgent care visitors who are currently not a Palomar Health patient or a patient of one of the medical groups listed below will pay by cash or credit card. We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover Card and American Express. You can attempt to receive reimbursement from your insurance carrier.
We also welcome patients from the following medical groups:
- Children's Physician Medical Group
- Scripps Coastal Medical Center (Poway location only)
- Sharp Community Medical Group