Pediatricians are doctors who care for children from birth to early adulthood. They specialize in diseases and ailments specific to young and growing bodies. We offer a full range of pediatric services for newborns, infants, children and teenagers.
Schedule Preventive Visits for a Life-Long Journey to Good Health
Palomar Health Medical Group pediatricians see children at regular intervals in order to maintain your child's health and discuss your child's growth, development, nutrition, and behavior.
- First newborn visits should be scheduled 2 days after discharge from the hospital unless the hospital doctor recommends coming sooner.
- Well Baby Visits are scheduled at 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18 months old.
- Well Child Visits are scheduled at 2, 3, 4 and 5 years old. After your child starts school, we recommend a
- Well Child Visit every other year, usually at 7, 9, and 11 years old.
- Many teens need a physical before starting high school so please schedule your teen's appointment well in advance of any registration deadline.
Immunizations are provided at regular intervals as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Academy of Pediatrics. The following link will download the recommended schedule and the catch up schedule: www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/index.html
Government Vaccine Information Statements (VIS) are given to parents before vaccinations may be given. VIS may be found at www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/vis/